Feelings of worry and anxiety are a normal part of life. However, for those who struggle with an anxiety disorder, these feelings can become overwhelming, making it difficult to keep up with responsibilities, connect with loved ones, or simply enjoy life. Anxiety disorder treatment from TRU Wellness Center supports clients who are ready to find relief from their symptoms and regain control over their lives. Through an integrative approach to mental health treatment that involves both traditional and innovative techniques, our team is dedicated to helping you manage your anxiety.
We take time to listen to your unique concerns and experiences, creating a personalized anxiety disorder therapy plan that addresses your specific needs. In our locations in Minnesota and Arizona, we offer a welcoming environment where you’ll quickly feel at ease.
What Is Anxiety Disorder?
Anxiety disorder is a mental health condition characterized by excessive, persistent worry and fear about everyday situations. It’s not just occasional nervousness; it’s an ongoing feeling of dread that interferes with daily activities. There are several types of anxiety disorders, including generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and various phobia-related disorders. Each of these disorders has specific symptoms, but what they all have in common is the prevalent symptom of excessive fear and anxiety:
- Generalized anxiety disorder – This type of anxiety disorder is characterized by chronic anxiety, exaggerated worry, and tension, even when there is little or nothing to provoke it.
- Panic disorder – People with this condition have feelings of terror that strike suddenly and repeatedly with no warning. Other symptoms of a panic attack include sweating, chest pain, palpitations, and a feeling of choking, which may make the person feel like they’re having a heart attack or “going crazy.”
- Phobia-related disorders – A phobia is an intense fear of a specific object or situation. Specific phobias may include a fear of heights, flying, certain animals, receiving injections, or blood.
It’s also common for anxiety to co-occur with depression, which means that someone may have symptoms of both conditions at the same time.
Anxiety Disorder Treatment at TRU Wellness Center
Despite how intimidating these conditions may seem, it’s important to remember that anxiety disorder treatment can be incredibly effective, especially when it’s tailored to your unique needs. Our team at TRU Wellness Center is passionate about providing comprehensive care that addresses the root cause of your anxiety rather than just treating symptoms. We use a range of evidence-based techniques, including:
- Individual psychotherapy – Work one-on-one with a licensed therapist to explore the underlying causes of your anxiety and develop coping strategies to manage symptoms.
- Family therapy – Involving family members in therapy can help improve communication and create a more supportive environment at home.
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) therapy – This form of therapy helps individuals process traumatic events and develop more adaptive coping mechanisms.
- Person-centered therapy – This approach focuses on creating a safe and non-judgmental space for clients to explore their thoughts, feelings, and experiences.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – CBT helps clients identify and change negative patterns of thinking and behaviors that contribute to anxiety.
Every step of the way, our team prioritizes your comfort and well-being. We understand that seeking treatment for anxiety can be daunting, but we strive to create a welcoming and supportive environment where you can feel confident in your journey toward healing.